Video by Hue-Chan Karels, Chef-Owner, Open Kitchen, LLC – Recipe Courtesy of Alessandrro Bruscagin – Hotel Corte Vecchia, San Prospero, Modena, IT
Limoncello by Open Kitchen, LLC
Yield: 8 cups
- 10 organic lemons
- 1liter Tito’s vodka
- 5 cups white sugar
- 4 1/4 cups water
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the peel from the lemons in long strips (reserve the lemons for another use). Using a small sharp knife, trim away the white pith from the lemon peels; discard the pith.
- Place the lemon peels in a large glass bottle or jar. Pour in vodka, cover. Steep the lemon peels in the vodka for 10 days outdoor in sunlight or at room temperature.
- After 10 days, combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Do not stir. Boil for 15 minutes. Allow syrup to cool to room temperature.
- Strain the vodka mixture and discard the lemon peels.
- Pour the sugar syrup over the vodka mixture. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 12 hours.
- Transfer the limoncello to bottle(s). Seal the bottle(s) and place into the freezer. When icy cold, serve in chilled vodka glasses or shot glasses.
Inspired Culinary Events. Passionately Crafted. The kitchen is the heart and soul of community and Open Kitchen is passionate about bringing people together through exceptional, thoughtfully crafted food and drink events.
- Curated, Experiential Food and Drink Events
- Specialty Cooking Classes
- Boutique Event Planning & Catering
- Cooking Team Building & Corporate Retreats
- Healthy Chef-Prepared Meal for Home Delivery
- Fundraisers & Philanthropic Support
- Culinary Adventures
COOK ~ EAT ~ ENTERTAIN In SANTA FE